Embodied Flow Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Dr. Scott Lyons & Satu Tuomela
Embodied Flow™ Yin Yoga is a gentle integrative practice that creates a sacred space where time expands and slows down for you to catch up to your deepest sense of self. This approach combines a unique blend of yin poses, guided imagery, experiential anatomy, movement meditation, five elements chinese medicine, breathwork, mantra and mind-body medicine practices.
Students who complete this certified 50-hour training (100-hours with homework) will gain:
- An understanding of Yin poses (basic poses and variation)
- Therapeutic applications of Embodied Flow™ Yin including: biomechanics, mind-body medicine, bodywork, energy medicine, emotional processing, and trauma informed approaches
- Foundations of traditional Chinese medicine (meridians, the five elements, nutrition, cupping and moxa)
- Introduction to Embodied Flow™ principles and methodology
- Facilitation skills in exploring eastern and western experiential anatomy
- How to hold space for deep discovery and processing
- Using props in a unique way that offer modifications that can help support each student’s needs.
- Advanced observation and hands on assists skills
- Integration of Tantric and Buddhist philosophy with Yin yoga
- How to create guided meditations that enhances the yin state of receptiveness, acceptance, compassion, intuition, and an individual’s capacity to self heal.
- Create sacred spaces through rituals
- How to facilitate dynamic classes with yin yoga sequences, mantra, and movement meditations
07:30 – 08:00 Morning meditation
08:00 – 10:00 Morning practice
10:30- 13:00 Theory, talks & embodiment practices
13:00 – 14:30 Lunch
14:30 – 17:15 Theory, talks & embodiment practices
17:30 – 19:00 Evening practice
About the Facilitators:
Dr. Scott Lyons
Dr. Scott Lyons is dedicated to teaching embodiment as a way of exploring human development, healing, growth and transformation. His deep passion is to integrate somatic practices, transpersonal inquiry and scholarly research into the creative and healing arts.
Scott is a Clinical Psychologist and Mind-Body Medicine practitioner who specializes in therapies for infants, youth, and adults. He is a Certified Body-Mind Centering Teacher and Practitioner, Cranio-Sacral Therapist, Visceral Manipulation Therapist, Neuro-Developmental Therapist, Infant Developmental Movement Educator, Registered Movement Therapist and Educator, Trauma Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Thai Massage Practitioner, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Mindfulness-based Executive Coach, Experiential Anatomy/ Developmental Movement and Yoga Practitioner, and a 500-hour registered yoga teacher. Additionally he holds a BFA in Theater/Psychology, MFA in Dance/Choreography, MS in Clinical Psychology, and a PhD in Clinical Psychology and Mind-Body Medicine.
Scott is the co-creator of Embodied Flow™ and has had the privilege of teaching Embodied Flow™ and Body-Mind Centering™ workshops and trainings throughout the United States, Europe, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. He was an adjunct professor at New York University from 2007-2010 where he co-taught the Viewpoints Studio with Mary Overlie. As an artist, Scott’s work has been performed at BAM, Symphony Space, Dance New Amsterdam as well as theaters throughout the United States and Europe.
Foundational to Scott’s teaching is the principle that we can, through intention, expand our capacity to meet and be met. In this way, we can offer the profound gift to our self, others, and the environment of being heard, seen, and feeling felt at a cellular level.
Satu Tuomela (ERYT500, Reiki master, Embodied Flow™ and Yin yoga facilitator) is one of the most influential and respected teachers in Scandinavia and has a big and loving Kula around the world.
Satu has been teaching for over 15 years and is known for her unique and authentic transmission. She charms with her intuitive instructions, goddess vibe, humor, loving adjustments, Reiki and clear understanding of human body and how everybody is unique.
Satu has a background in dancing (ballet) and basketball. She fell in love with yoga in her teens and started teaching almost immediately. Satu has studied two different 200h trainings in vinyasa flow and Hatha, she is immersed in Anusara yoga, continued also with two advanced trainings (300h), the latest with her main teachers Scott Lyons and Tara Judelle, And has studied and taught yin yoga since 2007.
Satu has been facilitating trainings Since 2010 and has had the privilege to teach and offer workshops, retreats, trainings and classes around the world from Hawaii to Bali. She mainly teaches in Europe and is based in Stockholm.
Satu is currently studying devotional contemplative tantra with Sally Kempton, shamanism and she will also become a movement therapist in 2018. Satu is a Kali devotee and honors her daily sadhana with passion.
Tuesday January 23rd – Sunday January 28th
At The Margaret Whitlam Recreation Centre
Lot 31, Birrell Street,