A workshop on the shoulder
The shoulder plays a central role in our yoga practice, particularly in vinyasa yoga. We use it in every sun salute and connecting vinyasa, every down dog and arm balance and a whole lot more.
When the shoulder is healthy and strong our movements happen easily and all is well. Unfortunately, the shoulder is all too often misaligned and imbalanced and this sets the scene for injury and dysfunction not only at the shoulder but also at the elbow and wrist.
Join Jo for this 2 hour immersion into the shoulder where we will:
• explore the structure, function and optimal alignment of the shoulder both on and off the mat
• look at common, and our own individual, misalignments and imbalances and how these can lead to pain and injury
• redefine our alignment to create the optimal framework for the shoulder
• discover how to engage and strengthen the muscles needed to support the stability and health of the shoulder
• consolidate all of this information into a tailored yoga practice that heals rather than hinders the shoulder
Whether you are looking to keep your shoulders happy and healthy, or you are wanting to resolve a twinge or some discomfort, this workshop is for you.
Saturday 12 August
Egg Of The Universe
711 Darling Street