Dive into the subtle realm of Yin Yoga Level 2 Teacher Training
Dive into the subtle realm of Yin Yoga during this Yin Yoga Teacher Training (Level 2). This training will emphasise an integrated approach – how to weave mindful yin and yang asana practices skilfully with other limbs of yoga as a holistic approach to practice. We will explore various introspective ‘inner methods’, including pranayama and meditation for relaxation and to bring vitality to the subtle body. Using simple practices, we can bring the teachings of Yoga to life through cultivation, or ‘bhavana’. Bhavana means ‘to bring into being’. Taking the practice beyond just the physical, we will explore ways to gather, store and distribute prana using gentle yin and yang methods such as Hara breathing and walking meditation, as well as inner methods to apply during Yin Yoga practice.
There are numerous Mindfulness meditation techniques and they can be applied as an ‘inner method’ during the Yin Yoga practice as well as a seated meditation or walking practice; this training will offer clear instructions about how to practice these methods effectively. The capacity to maintain quiet concentration and calm awareness with a mood of ‘kind vigilance’ is a subtle and refined skill that can only be developed through dedicated and continued practice. We will explore several approaches to meditation, including concentration methods and investigation methods with a mood of loving kindness and compassionate self-inquiry.
- Yin Yoga historical overview, the purpose and benefits of practicing with a yin approach
- Sequencing inspired by Seasonal variations (Spring, Summer, Indian Summer, Autumn, Winter)
- Recent fascia research – fascia as a conductor of chi/electricity, as well as generating its own electrical charges (through piezoelectricity)
- Bringing the teachings to life through dedicated cultivation of practice (bhavana means ‘to bring into being’, ‘to cultivate’)
- Two sides of one coin – balancing Yin Yoga with mindful Yang practices.
- Using yin yoga to promote freedom of movement at the joints, whilst using yang practice to strengthen and stabilise the joints – highlighting Yin and Yang tissues in the body, and how these tissues are nourished differently.
- Using Yin and Yang methods in the same practice with a mindful approach to movement and stillness, and with a mood of investigation and compassionate self-inquiry.
- Seamless integration of Yin Yoga and meditation practices into Hatha-Vinyasa class sequences, workshop plans and home practices.
- The 4 foundations of Mindfulness – including applications on and off the yoga mat, as well as overcoming common challenges to practicing meditation.
- Yin and Yang ‘inner methods’ to apply during practice, including methods to gather, store and distribute prana.
- Refining meditative quiescence – calm abidance – within the Yin Yoga practice.
- Carving out a dedicated practice for lifelong health and longevity.
*This training module is open to certified Yoga Teachers and dedicated yoga students. You will receive a certificate for 50 hours, and this course is recognised by Yoga Alliance International (YA). This module has no prerequisites and can be completed as a separate module. It does not require previous completion of Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training module 1. Each module can be completed separately and in any order.
Weekend One: Friday 18, Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October
Weekend TWO: Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October
TIME: 11am – 6pm each day
Early Bird Price $1290 (Paid in full before 31 July 2019)
Full Price $1390
Recommended Reading for this course:
Before the start of the course, please make sure that you have read the following books:
- “Brightening Our Inner Skies: Yin and Yoga” by Norman Blair
- “Your Body, Your Yoga” by Bernie Clark
- “The Way of Liberation” by Adyashanti
- “Insight Yoga” by Sarah Powers (required reading for YYTT Level 1 &2)
At the commencement of the course you will be given a comprehensive course manual with additional material and readings to study as part of the course content.
Testimonials from Yin Yoga Teacher Training Level 1 training with Sarah Owen:
“I just wanted to say once again thank you so much for this training. It has influenced my own practice so much already. I didn’t expect to enjoy studying the mindfulness aspect of the training as much as I did. The teachings were so engaging, resonating and inspiring. I almost cannot believe how much I have learned over only two weekends but I know this is because of your facilitation of the training being so digestible, effective and practical. You were also so supportive which I can’t thank you enough for. I wish you taught regularly in Melbourne as I would come to your classes every week!” – J. S
“I am so glad I took part in this course – Sarah has delivered a real richness and potency of teachings that I will be drawing from for a long time to come. Sarah is an amazing, calm, kind and knowledgeable teacher and the course was such a pleasure to attend. She is truly embodying the principles she teaches” – B. L
About Sarah Owen:
Sarah Owen is one of the leading Yin Yoga teachers in Australia and one of the first to introduce Yin Yoga to the Australian audience more than a decade ago. She teaches a balanced (yin/yang) approach to Yoga which encompasses both mindful movement as well as introspective long-held poses. Sarah teaches meditation methods using concentration methods as well as investigation/insight methods, with a mood of loving-kindness and compassionate self-inquiry.
Sarah Owen is the only Insight Yoga teacher in Australia, endorsed by Sarah Powers’ Insight Yoga Institute. Sarah Owen has been mentored by Sarah Powers (founder and author of Insight Yoga) for over a decade and is the coordinator and assistant for Sarah Powers’ annual programs in Australia. Her most influential teachers over the last decade have been Sarah and Ty Powers, B. Alan Wallace, Katie Manitsas and Maty Ezraty.
Weekend One: Friday 18, Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 October
Weekend Two: Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 October
Time: 11am – 6pm each day
Egg Of The Universe
711 Darling Street
$1,290 Early Bird Price (Paid in full before 31st July 2019)
$1,390 Full Price