Welcome to our Community!
We have so much to offer at Egg Of The Universe. Spend some time checking out our classes, events, workshops and teacher trainings. From Vinyasa and Yin to amazing wholefoods there’s something for every BODY here at Egg.
Get Started! Introductory Offer for 14 days unlimited yoga for $40
New to Yoga Tips
• Arrive on time, 15 minutes early to your first class!
• We have mats and towels available for hire or bring your own
• If you’re new to yoga or to Vinyasa Flow, we recommend you try our Foundations classes first.
• Check out our new student FAQs below
• Wear light gym style clothing…be ready to sweat!
• Arrive well hydrated and bring a water bottle
• Avoid eating for 2 hours before class
• Turn off your mobile phone, leave your worries outside dive into a peaceful practice
• Approach yoga with lightness and fun… this is not a serious practice!
New Student FAQs
- Drink 1-2 litres of water
- Don’t eat for about 2 hours before class
- Wear light, fitted clothing, suitable for dynamic exercise and sweating!
- Arrive early – At least 15 minutes before your first class
- Yoga mat – available for rental $2
- Bath-sized towel – BYO or available for rental $3
- Water – we have a filtered water and water bottles for sale
- A smile and a good attitude – be prepared to work hard and sweat!
We recommend wearing something light and fitted such as shorts or leggings, singlet tops or gym wear. Please avoid sweats, track pants, and heavy t-shirts as we heat the room for Foundations, Open and Progressive classes. Bring a change of clothing and a towel for a shower if you wish, or you can rent one at the studio.
Yes, depending on your health fund.
It’s always a case by case with our students and practising while pregnant. We want to empower you as mum-to-be and ask that you listen to the wisdom of your body and be guided by what will suit you best. We normally suggest starting prenatal classes once you are at 12 weeks and all is well with the bub.
Of course! Bubs in these classes are generally for newborns to about the first birthday.
Definitely! You can nominate a dollar amount or a product we offer, such as a New Student Intro or a particular kind of yoga mat. Stop by the desk at the studio or call us on 9810 3146 and we’ll make up something nice for you to present to the lucky recipient!
Yes we do! We carry a range of mats produced from sustainable materials and durable for the sort of yoga we practise at Egg Of The Universe. We always have stock from a few select manufacturers in a range of colours, sizes and thicknesses to suit your preferences.
Our studio is slightly heated to around 25-28°C. In the warmer months we will often switch the heaters off completely when artificially heating the space is unnecessary. Slightly heating the room means it’s comfortable in the cooler months and also aids a sweat to assist in detoxing via the skin, the body’s largest organ.
Yes we can! We tailor wholefoods, yoga and meditation packages for corporate clients and we’d be happy to discuss your office needs. Find out more here.
We sure do, and we have a karma yoga program that rewards yogis for helping with our cleaning and other jobs. To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We have several spaces in a shared parking lot with neighbouring business, Skheme; please respect the signs designating their customer parking. Our near side-streets have paid and free hour and two-hour spots, while just a few blocks down Darling Street (near Callan Park and around a 5-10 minute walk away) there is all-day free street parking.
Arriving on time
We know life happens but latecomers will not be allowed in once the class has started. So please arrive early and make the most of your time out.
Come in to the studio with an open heart and mind. Leave your shoes and worries at the doors and there are lockers for your precious items and valuables.
Phones and Devices
Give yourself and your fellow yogis a rest from technology. This is a phone free zone. Enjoy the break. Come as free and untethered as possible.
Got your favourite spot in the studio? We all do.
Stay mindful and be a good Egg, especially in busy classes to make sure there’s enough space for everyone.
Staying til the end
Respect your own practice, your fellow yogis and the teacher by staying right to the end of class. If you can’t stay for the entire practice, please find a class on our schedule when you can (we have more than 60 classes a week to choose from!)
Wipe down and hang mats at the end of class if you’ve borrowed one. Return all props neatly where you found them. Drop used towels into the baskets. It’s just good Karma.
Please come to us with any query, large or small, and we’ll make sure to get you an answer. Email email@example.com or call 9810-3146.